Friday, February 11, 2011

Discoloration update on the Key Lime Soap Pie Slices


It's been 6 days since making the Key Lime Soap Pie.  I used Vanilla White-Color Stabilizer from Natures Garden Wholesale Candle and Soap Supplies




Interesting...  So the soap has discolored in areas that were exposed to air right after I poured the soap.  The areas that were up against the mold have not discolored.  The cut surfaces have not discolored as well.  The discoloration is pretty light, a light tan color.  So, overall the vanilla color stabilizer seems to be working, sort of.  I'll have to keep an eye on it and see if it discolors any more.  I suppose if this is the most it's going to discolor I'll only use the color stabilizer when I use a log mold.  That would limit the surfaces that touch air when I pour. 

No comments:

Post a Comment