Monday, November 29, 2010

My first Art and Craft Fair!

I did my very first art and craft fair this past weekend.  It was part of a fundraiser for a local Taiko drumming group.  I paid for a booth space and 15% of my earnings went to the drumming group.  It was a small group of 15 artists/crafters. 
Here's what my table looked like
I sold Handmade soap (both MP and traditional soap) and Lip and Body Butters.  The right side was CP/HP soap, the middle was lip/body butter, and the right was MP soap.
The show was attended by mostly family and friends of the artists and the drumming group, but people were Christmas shopping!  Adjusting for the booth fee and the 15% that went toward the Taiko group, I made just under $500!  Pretty darn good!  I had fun. 
The CP soap cupcakes (upper right), MP teeth soap and MP soap shots (upper left) got a lot of attention.  A few got sold.  By far, people bought the bar soaps, then the lip butters.  I think people were just unfamiliar with body butters/solid lotions, so less of those were sold. 
Now I have some space to make more soap!!

No comments:

Post a Comment