Sunday, June 20, 2010

My soap rack!

I have been testing my various recipes.  I gave each soap 2 showers before I moved on to the next.  These soaps had a variety of percentages and cominations of the following oils: coconut oil, palm oil, palm kernel oil, cocoa butter, shea butter, olive oil, castor oil, jojoba oil, mango butter, lard, canola oil, avocado oil, sweet almond oil, and rice bran oil.  My soap dish won't fit all of the soaps so I moved onto my shower doors railing. 

There are a few more soaps in the shower caddy off to the right as
well.  All of them except for 3 on the rail and 2 on the caddie were made by me.  All of them are cold process/hot process except for 3, the stripy one 4th from the left and 2 on the caddie, are melt and pour.  I used different fragrances and colors techniques for each of them.  I also experimented with different molds.  So, that's why some of the soaps are different shapes.  These are all the test recipes except for the 3 tallow recipes which are not ready to use yet.  I've pretty much decided that all the recipes pretty much feel the same to me.  So, for the future I'll just pick a couple of them and stick with them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment