Friday, May 7, 2010

Testing the recipes so far

So, I've been testing out my different soaps.  Hmmm…  you know I don't feel too much difference in any of them.  So far they all seem to lather pretty well and I don't feel too much difference in their conditioning properties.  But then I don't have particularly dry skin.  I don't know what I was really expecting, I mean soap is a wash off product.  But I was hoping that I would feel more of a difference between the soap recipes.  I'm still in the very beginning of the soap testing so I have many more to test out.  If I don't feel too much difference then I suppose that I can go with the most simple of recipes.  I'm kind of feeling bound right now.  I know I shouldn't make any more soap until I've determined the best recipes, but I have all these colorants and fragrances just waiting to be used.  It's kind of hard to ignore them.  I have been dabbling with some melt and pour to satisfy the soaper in me, but it's not the same.  Melt and pour is a different animal, I can still use colorants and fragrances and do things I can't do with cold process soapmaking, but the outcomes are totally different.  Not better or worse, just different.

No comments:

Post a Comment